Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, Monday

We had a nice, long weekend. The kids had Thursday and Friday off for teacher conferences. They are doing great in school and it was nice to visit with their teachers. The last league football game was Friday night and our team ended the regular season with a 7-2 record, so it's on to the state playoffs. We host the 1st round game on Saturday and we have to win to keep playing. The end is in sight!

I'm going to speak to Abby's class today about being a nurse. We had fun looking for pictures to take for my presentation, since all my gear is in storage. Should be interesting, if not a little nerve-wracking. I DO NOT like public speaking. I feel silly being nervous about speaking to 1st graders, but it's just not my thing. I'll get through it and hopefully convince some 6 year-olds they want to become nurses to care for me when I'm old :)

I also was happy to make good progress on some Christmas gifts. I can't wait to give them! I also crocheted hats for Abby and Mallory last night while watching TV. I rarely sit and watch TV and like to feel busy, so crocheting is great for me. It was my first time using Lion Brand Suede yarn and it's wonderful! I needed a large hook because you really can't see your stitches, but the feel is wonderfully soft. Abby loves it! I hope to take pics of the girls in their hats soon.

No comments: