Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

We all have a sweet tooth here in the Lusco home. Here's a recipe that satisfies my chocolate cravings and the dough tastes like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! This one is from my Aunt Jewel...

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening (I use butter flavored)
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
12 oz chocolate chips

Cream together peanut butter and shortening. Add brown sugar, milk, vanilla, egg and beat well. Mix in remaining dry ingredients then stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375' approx 8 min.

I very rarely measure my ingredients exactly, preferring to "eye-ball" it. I'm lazy and this saves dishes to wash :) Every batch is a little different, but that's okay by us. I also use a medium cookie scoop; I like the plump, uniform cookies they make. Enjoy!

Linked to Craftaholics Anonymous Recipe Swap.

No comments: