Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flying!



We had a wonderful, busy weekend. Friday we were home together all morning before Andy went in for their first football game. The kids and I made dinner then went shopping for Drew's red and project supplies. We watched a family movie and listened to some of the game on the radio. Saturday morning we all went to the John Day Fly-In; an air show featuring local pilots and Forest Service helicopters. They were giving free flights to kids age 6 and up and a parent. Andy was too big, so I was the lucky one to fly! It was my first time in a small plane and Drew & Abby's first time ever. The views were amazing! After the Fly-In, we headed down to the Community Market which occurs about once a month in the summer. We had fresh elephant ears and caramel kettle corn - YUM! Later Saturday we tried another restaurant, Grubsteak Mining Co., for a delicious dinner then another movie. Sunday we went back to the Nazarene Church for the morning and evening services. What a busy, fun weekend!

 
Over Labor Day we went to Idaho to visit Andy's family and meet baby Max Leon Lusco, Jr. He is beautiful and so manly! Definitely a Lusco boy! He reminds me of Drew as a newborn with his old man face.  Drew is especially excited for baby Max because he is the first boy cousin born since Drew. What a blessing!

 
 

My MIL sent some pictures of our trip to pick huckleberries in Idaho when we visited in August. The kids ate all they could find. Delicious!


 

 I'm off to make my bread for the week. I'm getting better at loaves, but still have lots to learn. Rolls are so much easier :) The big problem with me not working is all the baking I do...not good for my growing hips and rear end! 

No comments: