Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quilt Ready




So, I finally finished the Ugly Quilt top. I added 3 borders and must say that it's looking better now...I may even rethink the name :) I started with double the squares as the YCMT tut and after borders it's about 5 feet across. This should make a great lap quilt to snuggle in while reading to my little ones. I'm excited to get this project finished...not something I would have tried to do on my own, so thank you Kim at YCMT! Oh, Mally is playing the harmonica while dancing on my Ugly Quilt!

Last week I made a yummy dinner that you Chinese-food lovers should try. It's from Rachael Ray- Moo Shu Noodles. Instead of pork, I used chicken; instead of fettuccine, whole wheat spaghetti; scallions were green onions; shitakes were white button mushrooms; hoisin sauce was BBQ sauce, and I increased the soy sauce to 1/4 cup. Napa cabbage is what she used on the show, so that's the cabbage I used. I also added a sliced bell pepper and some celery to up the veggie factor... Yummy! I've made it twice now, and the family loves it. We call it our Chinese-fake-out food :) It makes a delicious, healthy meal that even my picky kids will eat. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: