Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Sewing Skills

I've been debating buying a ruffler for my sewing machine for a few months and finally bought one. It came yesterday, so today I followed Carla's great ebook from YCMT and figured out how to make ruffles and pleats for my girly girls. After a few hours and lots of testing, I used it to make this cute peasant top for Mally. This was a new pattern to me and I used shirring for the first time on the sleeves, neck and waistlines. I accidentally nicked a hole in the skirt while trimming a thread, so decided to make a yo-yo to hide my mistake. Turned out pretty cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute dress!