Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chicks Are Here!


We were finally able to get some chicks!  Our local farm supply store ordered us a variety of laying hens including Americanas, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Arachanas and a few Legherns - 20 hens in all and 2 Americana roosters.  I've missed having animals and fresh eggs.  Mallory asks about the chicks every hour or more since yesterday...she is smitten!

We had a nice weekend over in the Valley for cousin Rachelle's wedding.  Mom had a houseful with Aunt Jerri and Uncle Chet from Virginia as well as our brood.  It's always fun to see them and spend time with my parents, brother and this trip the whole Roth family.  They hosted a pizza dinner for the whole family then we saw them all again on the wedding day & dinner reception.  Mom and I are now expert cake cutters (not!) and have cute matching aprons from the Retro Fun pattern.  I didn't get any pictures, but they are cute! 

Since getting home, I've transplanted 10 gallons of day lily and perennial geranium starts that I dug from my old house.  I had loads of laundry to finish and got the house cleaned so now I can blog!  About our house in Lebanon - it is sold!  We signed a 2 year lease option to buy contract last week and they take possession on June 15.  We get a big down payment and they will make the entire mortgage payment then have to cash us out after 2 years or we get to sell it again.  They seem like a wonderful family and this feels like an answer to prayer!

No comments: