Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

I'm quite thoughtful at the start of this new year.  The past year has been full of so many changes for us as a family.  The biggest changes have been our big move from the Willamette Valley to rural Eastern Oregon and me staying home full-time after the move. Some struggles have been finding new friends here, fitting into a new church and community, adjusting to life as a SAHM, failure to sell our home in Lebanon and developing a new property near John Day.  We've had fears and excitement, tears and joy along the way.  Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing!


I'm encouraged that 2010 will bring more positive changes for us.  I was reminded this morning while doing my Beth Moore Bible study that God has a plan for us, even though we may feel alone and not sure of what will come next.  He sees our tears and hears our cries and will bring us through it with a purpose!

This year, I'm looking forward to moving into a new home, making new friends, and finding ways to contribute to my new community.  I want to live healthier and finally lose the weight I gained during Mallory's pregnancy and be a better wife and more patient mother.  Lofty aspirations, but I truly want these things. 


Here are a few pictures of our New Year celebration with Andy's family.What are you looking forward to this year? 

 
 
 

No comments: