Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Approaching Burnout

I'm officially tired. It's time to get away for vacation!  The last 2 days have been at my sewing machine with short breaks to feed the crew and keep the house livable.  The list is almost completed, but I've come to the conclusion that the kids quilts are not going to be ready in time for Christmas giving.  Sad, but I just don't have time.  I'm giving the sewing a break tonight and will try to get the presents wrapped.  We're leaving in less than 2 days and nothing's wrapped! 

The kids "Celebrations Around The World" concert was tonight.  It was quite politically correct with Drew singing a Jewish Dreidel song and a Chinese New Year song.  Abby sang a Danish prayer. They sang a few secular Christmas songs, too. Drew's favorite part was their flag dance to the Chinese music. It was all really strange, but the kids were all dressed up in their Christmas best and enjoyed themselves. To fight back, I'm telling everyone I talk to " Merry Christmas."  Let's not forget that Christ is the reason for this season!  Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!!!

Edit:  I forgot to add that between bathtime and getting the PJs on, Mallory pooped on the floor in Drew's room...Dragged it all across the floor!  The rest of the family hid away gagging, and Mama was left to clean it up. The joys of motherhood!  Just when you think you're down, it gets worse.  Thankfully, once the smell cleared and the kids were in bed, Andy helped me wrap presents until midnight and they're done!

1 comment:

Bea said...

Oh, my.
We had that happen once when Yanic was 4. Not really his fault, he was sick. But, he pulled his pants down to his ankles in his room and than wobbled all the way to the bathroom that way. Leaving little gifts along the way...
Merry Christmas!