Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Favorite Mommy Bag

This was the first handbag pattern I ever used and it remains my favorite. I found this black dot upholstery fabric at Wal-Mart and knew it was destined to become a bag. I paired it with another pretty Wally World red Asian-inspired print and VOILA! The best mommy bag ever.


I decided I needed a case for the diapers and wipes, so I designed this little mini-bag with a wrist strap, zippered pocket and open pocket for baby gear. To top it all off, I made a fabric rose pin with the red lining fabric. I used every scap of fabric to make two matching bags and wristlets- one for me and one for the shop!

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Cherry pits? I wouldn't have thought of that....I bet it smells good when it's microwaved! BTW, I agree, this is a great bag!