Saturday, August 22, 2009

Try Something New




Last week was one to try new things. I got my new glasses while over in Albany for the weekend and tried a few new recipes. Andy is coaching for a new school and new level of football in a new town. We went to our first Grant County Fair and took the kids to their first parade today. We had our first legendary Legion hamburgers at the fair and they were really good! I checked out the thrift stores in our new town and found a few bargain books and shoes for the kids.

My favorite ways to try new things are with sewing and cooking. I'm working on a new diaper bag pattern for a friend's baby, but my progress has been slow. A delicious recipe that I tried this week was the Sour Cream Peach Tart from the Mennonite Community Cookbook. I'm a sucker for desserts and breads, thanks to my Mennonite genes :) This recipe was very simple and delicious and we give it 2 thumbs up!


Sour Cream Peach Tart
12 -14 peach halves
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
Pastry for single crust (I use Betty Crocker's recipe)

Place peach halves together in unbaked crust.
Beat eggs, add sugar and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture over peaches and bake at 425' for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375' and continue to bake for 35 minutes (or longer until set- I baked for 42 minutes).
Makes 1 (9 inch) pie.

Good with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!

No comments: