Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas from Oregon!
















Well, our plans have been sabotaged by the weather. The plan was to leave yesterday for Idaho, but I-84 is still closed due to snow & wind. We thought we'd try driving through central Oregon today, but the passes there are now bad, too. Looks like we'll wait it out and hope the interstate reopens before Christmas!
We gave the kids their big gifts on Saturday so we wouldn't need to take them to Idaho...Drew got a Schwinn Chopper bike and Abby a pink motorcycle helmet. They love them! I have all the other gifts wrapped in reusable drawstring bags and ready to give! I'm really happy with how my handmade-Christmas turned out and hope others enjoy the gifts as much as I enjoyed making them :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Be safe. You guys are sure having crazy weather. I have been calling my family a few times a day.( My parents and sisters live in Salem.) They have been without power since Sunday. I have grandparents in Caldwell,ID. We used to make that drive every other Christmas when I was a kid. I love your blog, love how your homemade food and cheff hat turned out. Was the food and hat difficult I'm thinking of making them for my youngest who turns 2 in January. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. Stay Safe.
~Amy