Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Rush


Has it really been 2 weeks since I've blogged here? My days have seemed so busy! The garden is finally done and the only canning I have left for the year is apples...I have a box waiting for me as I sit.  I finished the last jars of pickles and corn yesterday.  I replanted the raspberries that died and also added some garlic for next year.  I have daffodils, crocus and irises to plant yet before the cold sets in. 


The last 2 weeks I've been working on the utility room - painting everything again with a 2nd coat, painting handles, cleaning cupboards, moving canned goods, making & hanging curtains, installing outlet covers & light fixures. The next big job is cleaning the floor so we can epoxy paint it.  We may just epoxy the countertop, too, then tile the backsplash & edge.  I need to research that, though.  I also need to find/make hooks for coats & backpacks and a bench to store shoes in/under.  Looking forward to having the mud room ready before our 10 inches of rain a year comes.  I really don't miss all the rain of the Valley :-)


We lost our rooster, adopted a new rooster, and lost 2 hens.  I turned them loose yesterday and found one dead this morning.  I think Lucy got it, so we'll need to figure out how to train her to leave them alone.  We've been getting about a dozen eggs a day, so it's time to start selling!  Need to add a sign to my To-Do List, I guess...

No comments: