Thursday, August 19, 2010

Utility Room Addition

Summer's almost over and we're back to home base for football.  Nephew Bradley, 14, was with us last week to help Andy and just hang out.  We loved having him!  We've made good progress on the new addition - framed, sided, electrical done & insulated.  I hope to paint the exterior soon and we'll work on sheet rock this weekend.  Andy found free kitchen cabinets on Craigslist that will fit perfectly!  I have a range top and big utility sink for canning and a built-in desk for my sewing machines.  It's going to be my sewing/craft/canning room and have closets & coat hooks on the other side for the mud room.

The garden is slowly producing.  We have beautiful potatoes, green beans, peas and beets.  It's been hard to can / freeze because I replanted most things twice and they are maturing at different times.  I've been able to put up some peas, beets & green beans so far.  
New bar stools

Andy and Drew had appointments in Bend this week and we found a replacement kitty there.  We welcomed Doodle Bug - now 'Bug' - and he's adjusting pretty well.  He was an inside cat and had 3 siblings, so he keeps trying to sneak in the house.  Lucy the dog and Whiskers the kitty sure like him!
Doodlebug

1 comment:

Jill Williamson said...

Doodle Bug is cute. And I'm guessing now that those red things are beets.