Monday, March 2, 2009

Managing Your Moods

I want to say again what a great Bible study I'm doing..."Managing Your Moods" from the Women of Faith group. It seems like every lesson has touched home. Kathy is a great teacher and we have a small, comfortable group. I am being challenged to turn to God to help me stay focused on the important things and not feel overwhelmed by my circumstances. Our challenge to learn a verse each week has helped me to remember God's promises. He gives me patience to make it through every day, even when Mally has pooped in the tub again or Abby's lost her shoe or Drew is frustrated or Andy needs his shorts mended...How are you managing your moods?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very good study. I don't know if it's just getting old or what, I can be soooo moody sometimes. Ick. Trying to remember to take it to the Lord, it helps me too if I write my thoughts out, or talk to someone.
Amy

Patois said...

Yes, very good study. I am constantly praying for more help with that especially when my little one poops in the tub, too! I think that when I used to pray for patience before the kids He gave me more of a challenge so I fine tune that skill to perfection, still needs some fine tuning, but I'm getting there! It helps to physically turn the imaginary knob in my heart fire, like on the stove, "turn it down". It sounds silly, but it helps me a lot.